Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mercy Flight: Baby Dean

Recently we had the honor of flying this little guy, Baby Dean, and his mom, Natalie, home from the hospital. Baby Dean came a little earlier than expected, causing an unexpected plane landing in an unexpected city.

Here's what Natalie had to say about her experience:

"Samaritan Aviation was God answering prayer. I had my precious baby Dean in a place and time that I had not planned but God showed me his hand. 'In his heart a man plans his course but God determines his steps.' God put me in a safe place to have baby Dean and I was ever so grateful but I was also ready to go home and be with my family, especially my 4 year-old son. The doctors and hospital staff seem to think insurance would cover the transport and I could be home soon but the cost was too high and I was crushed when I was told it was not going to happen.

My family, church, and friends responded with more prayers and faith.  God responded with Samaritan Aviation. The day after learning insurance would not cover the transport I learned about Samaritan Aviation and all I could think was that God is good and that the whole experience was so much bigger than me. Not only was God showing me to trust in him and his plan but he was showing me his love through others.

Last Sunday my pastor was preaching from Acts and one of his points was to serve in the name of Jesus Christ and you will impact others and lives will be changed and brought to Jesus Christ. Thank you to everyone involved with Samaritan Aviation for serving in the name of Jesus Christ. I love to tell my story and be able to tell others about your organization and how you help others in the U.S. and around the world in the name of Jesus Christ. I appreciate the follow up and kindness you have shown and I think the best way I can show my gratitude is to pray for those you continue to serve because I know now more than ever that God answers prayer."

Thanks, Natalie and Baby Dean for the privilege of taking you home!
And, THANKS Samaritan Team for making these stories happen. We couldn't do this without YOU!!

No comments: